This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to plan, design, manage and monitor an enterprise information and communications technology (ICT) network as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team responsible for advanced ICT network security systems. The qualification has a high-level ICT technical base with appropriate security units and the ability to specialise in a number of areas, including voice, wireless, network infrastructure and sustainability.
Further pathways include but not limited to:
- Network security engineer
- Network security specialist
- Network engineer
- Systems security designer
- Network security analyst
- Administrator or coordinator network security
Assessment methods vary and may include written assignments, knowledge tests, research tasks, projects, case studies, observations and role plays/demonstrations
- Students are required to bring a note-pad to every training session and may bring their own Laptop /Computer Tablet.
- Mint Training will provide you with all other resources, Wi-Fi internet connection and are included in the course fee.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL allows students to gain recognition of skills and knowledge they have achieved through on the job training, formal or informal education and life experience. Applicants are assessed on a case-by-case basis. A comprehensive RPL assessment tool will need to be completed and each unit will be addressed individually.
Credit Transfer (CT)
Students may be able to shorten the length of their chosen qualification by taking into account previous studies. Mint Training recognises Australian registered training organisations for credit transfers. Credit Transfers will be granted upon the receipt of sufficient evidence to support the application.
- Students must be 18 years of age on commencement of the course
- A minimum IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 (or equivalent)
Please refer to Fees & Charges.
Please see Student Handbook and Prospectus (for International Students) for information related to the terms and conditions and RTO obligations.
Please call 1300 130 432 if you are having issues accessing this information.