This nationally accredited qualification develops key skills and knowledge to excel as a team leader within the thriving hospitality industry. The Diploma of Hospitality Management helps you craft an in-depth understanding of many facets of the industry and equips you to work independently and within teams in a range of different settings.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES AND SKILLS
This course will arm you with the following key skills:
- customer service
- food hygiene
- leading teams
- customer service
- financial acumen
- food and beverage
- human resource
This course will provide you with skills required for roles such as:
- bar manager
- cafe manager
- motel manager
- restaurant manager
- front office manager
- catering operations manager
- banquet or function manager
- executive housekeeper
- kitchen manager
- duty manager
Delivered in Classroom setting.
Work-Placement: Students are required to complete the work placement of 36 service periods / shifts within a hospitality environment. Students can find their own placement. Mint Training and the Host Employer must have an agreement before the placement can be commenced.
Mint Training may assist students to secure a work placement but it is not a guarantee.
During your placement a Mint Training assessor will visit you on a number of occasions to observe you performing some of your tasks.
- Students are required to bring a note-pad to every training session and may bring their own Laptop / Computer Tablet.
- Students are required to be well groomed and to wear appropriate clothing for work-placement (such as closed shoes, shirts, pants – please do NOT wear t-shirts, jeans and other fancy clothing). Student may be required to wear a uniform for work-placement (can be purchased for additional $150-approx.).
- Mint Training will provide you with all other resources, Wi-Fi internet connection and are included in the tuition fee above.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL allows students to gain recognition of skills and knowledge they have achieved through on the job training, formal or informal education and life experience. Applicants are assessed on a case-by-case basis. A comprehensive RPL assessment tool will need to be completed and each unit will be addressed individually.
Credit Transfer (CT)
Students may be able to shorten the length of their chosen qualification by taking into account previous studies. Mint Training recognises Australian registered training organisations for credit transfers. Credit Transfers will be granted upon the receipt of sufficient evidence to support the application.
- Students must be 18 years of age on commencement of the course
- A minimum IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 (or equivalent)
Please refer to Fees & Charges.
Please see Student Handbook and Prospectus (for International Students) for information related to the terms and conditions and RTO obligations.
Please call 1300 130 432 if you are having issues accessing this information.